Sunday 29 June 2014

The 4 Most Important Sermons I've Ever Heard!!!! How To Walk With Jesus

Recently I stumbled across these sermons. They are in my opinion the four most important sermons I have ever heard. You can listen to them all by clicking here.

     1.  Baptism of the Holy Spirit

     2.  Abiding in Christ

     3.  Emotional Healing 

     4.   Experiencing God's Love

For the last few months I have been struggling and praying about the power of God being manifested in my life. I'm here living in Korea, I'm supposed to be a missionary and yet I feel like I am a terrible missionary. Not because I don't share Jesus - because I do. But because I don't see the power of God at work in my life.

From the Bible I know that knowing Jesus should bring lasting change in me. And I feel that I do know Jesus, slowly He is bringing  me closer to Himself, but I have not seen the changes I expected. I still struggle with sin, I still struggle with healthy lifestyle, I still struggle with even wanting to be a Christian sometimes. So I feel like "How can I introduce people to Jesus when all I can offer them if a lifetime of struggle? I can't offer them the overcoming power of Jesus, I can't offer them victory, because I haven't experienced it in my own life."

Even as I write this I know it is not entirely true. I can see in my life how God has healed me and taught me to overcome some of my challenges; fear and depression are not things I struggle with any more. But these have been gradual changes, they are not the day to day overcoming of temptation that I seek/want in my own life. And they are not things I can easily share with another person and say "If you do what I did then you too will overcome." Because they involved God healing parts of me that were broken and since everybody is broken differently, God's method for healing me may not be the method that will heal another person. Also often the experiences that healed me were God orchestrated, He brought various people into my life at different times to teach me things. Those experiences can not be replicated.

God brought these sermons into my life at just the right time. If I am completely honest I had just endured another round of the temptation to throw away Christianity and give up on God, not because I don't believe, but because I am so tired of the struggle.

I came home from school one day and threw my smart phone down onto my bed, it started playing the second sermon in this series all on it's own. And the topic was the exact thing i had been praying about on the bus as I was coming home. I don't remember downloading this series onto my computer, and I don't remember uploading them to my phone, and i definitely don't remember ever listening to them before, but just when I needed them, there they were.

These sermons are the 'how' of the Christian life. How to walk with Jesus. How to experience His overcoming power in your life. Since I have been practising what I learned from these sermons I have had more success with overcoming temptation than I ever have had before. I unreservedly recommend them to anybody who wants to experience the overcoming power of Christ.






No comments:

Post a Comment